R code for the CAP394 - Introduction to Data Science course and Data Science tutorials
Notebooks used in the lectures:
- Can we measure whether the term "Data Science" is new? Here's a notebook that gets pubications' titles from the Web of Science to answer this question.
- An old version of that experiment is here, in two parts: Papers about Data Science and Books about Data Science.
- Here's a more complete example of a notebook with EDA concepts: The Iris EDA Example.
- Exploratory Data Analysis - Visualization is Important!
- Exploratory Data Analysis - Forest Cover Type
- An example of a notebook that evaluates the quality/completeness of the data: The PCD Exploration Example.
- Machine Learning - Decision Trees: Iris
- Machine Learning - Decision Trees: Forest Cover Type
Projects in several different stages of completeness: